Church of the Annunciation

The church has a Romanesque origin, so it stood here in the middle of the thirteenth century. It was damaged around 1420, then rebuilt in the early Gothic style. The nave was glazed in 1561 by Tomáš Rossi of Medrisia, at the same time a sacristy was added and then around 1660 the chapel of St. Catherine. Adjacent to the western façade is the chapel with a Romanesque portal with an arched frieze and a statue of the Resurrection of Christ, realized in 1998 by the young sculptor Tomáš Vejdovský, a graduate of the Prague Academy of Fine Arts. The altar in the main nave is early Baroque, on the wall under the porch there is a crucifix from the workshop of the Dietrich brothers. These are also the authors of the well-known Samson’s Fountain in České Budějovice. In 1969, rare murals and original Gothic windows were discovered in the main nave. As part of the modern approach, their missing parts have been replaced by fillings made of glued layers of glass. The wall paintings are visible in two phases, on the one hand there are early Gothic fragments and the later Gothic phase includes, for example, the depiction of the death of the Virgin Mary with the surrounding eleven apostles – ie without Judas. There is a baroque ossuary in the cemetery of this church. Below the chancel there is a crypt, where the remains of members of the family nobility, which were in the possession of Dobrš during history (eg Kavková of Říčany, Malovcová of Malovice, Kocová of Dobrš, Chřepičtí of Modlíškovice) are buried.